Friday, April 18, 2014

promise is a deal

I wrote that I'll make a review about Foster The People's Supermodel...here it is!

I have to confess that I was a bit afraid about what this second album could be, because I just adore their first one! But it's been a month I only listen to it (+ Torches + new songs from The Black Keys...) and don't cannot stop.

So then? Some songs (like 'Pseudologia Fantastica' or 'The Truth') sound like nothing else, but I also appreciate them and for me, they perfectly knew how to stay true to their style while evolving. Music still has this amazing (Helena)beat and joy and energy which make me dance!
Besides that, lyrics improved too, being more adult and serious ('Are you what you wanna be?' and 'Ask yourself' made me think about life, consumerism and future a lot...!)



Plus, I find Mark Pontius (drums) is as cute as a surfer....













































“If you want more and you'll get there.
 Throw a quarter in the well.
 Well, it's okay, you're fine, ambition's not a crime.
And you say that dreamers always get what they desire.
 Well I've found, the more I want the less I've got.
 Is this the life you've been waiting for.
 Or are you hoping that you'll be where you want with a little more?
 Well ask yourself…”                                                               > Foster The People

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
It is always nice to read you! I think critics and comments are always good to improve my blog and hope you enjoy it as much as I do working on it.
Thank you. xx